VISIT TO GOKARNA

All Karnataka travel experiences go here. Planning to visit anywhere in Karnataka? Need roadmaps, hotels, lodge information? Ask for help from our dear fellow members.

VISIT TO GOKARNA

Postby Gaonkar123 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:40 am

Gokarna name originated from Go –Karna – Cow ear is a famous pilgrimage centre in the Uttar Kannada district. It is famous for the beautiful nature, on the banks of Arabian Sea with the historical Ganesha and shiva Temple. It is also known as Daksina Kashi. In the history it has been told that Lord Rudra emerged from the ear of a cow by name Prithvi (Mother Earth). Since this place is also known as Rudra Yoni and Adi Gokarna.
You can name Gokarna as a town of Temple or Holiday destination. It is the best place for those who want to explore the cultural heritage and beauty of India. Whenever you are planning to travel to this place you should have at least one week time. Because it is a place to relax, enjoy the coconut and palm trees, blue seas and and the attractive streets around the Gokarna.
MUST SEE: Mahabaleswara Temple, OM beach, Halfmoon Beach, Paradise beach and optional (Kudle Beach and Gokarna Beach) you can choose the place best for you to enjoy.

HOW TO REACH:
From Bangalore: 485.6 KM (By Bus)
From Goa: 132 KM (By Train)
Nearby Railway station to Gokarna: you can avail auto rickshaws from railway station to the Gokarna with around 100 Rs Only.
Train and Bus facilities are available to reach these places.
In and around the beaches its best to walk by foot along hillside in the winter when there is no much heat.
Preferably Go for Night Journey by Bus if you are travelling from Bangalore.
Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year (Cool and pleasant weather)
BEST SHOPPING ITEMS: Local shops with Handicraft, Idols,
STAY: Week or more.
HOTELS: In and around Gokarna there are quite good accommodation facilities.
Gaonkar123

Re: VISIT TO GOKARNA

Postby RKG » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:50 am

Hi, thanks for the info. Can you tell specific hotel names? Something decent enough for 2 of my colleagues who have travelled from USA. I wanted to take them for a sight seeing .... may be a 2-3 days program. Are there any good standard hotels for the foreigners?
RKG

Re: VISIT TO GOKARNA

Postby pallavi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:44 am

Om Beach resort, OM hotel and Hotel Gokarna International will be a good choice
pallavi

ZtjEQLCGsaPCaDbfMv

Postby Jhon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:44 pm

Devocki, vsem privet! Rasskazu, kak my vcera doleetli do Washingtona. Leteli na 33 nedele, Austrian airlines s peresadkoi, sam polet prohodil u menia bez osobyh otlicii ot neberemennyh poletov, pravda malysh dovolno intensivno vorochalsia:) Leteli economom, mezdu nami bylo svobodnoe sidenie, tak cto udalos pospat leza! V samolete sohnyt ne lico i ruki, a slizistye nosa, gorla i glaz, tak cto berite uvlazniaushie kapelki i peite po cut-cut vodicku. Samoe nepriatnoe snizenie vysoty pered posadkoi v W, UZASNO boleli ushi i oglohla na 80% (Segodnia uze vse ok
Jhon

kIvWHPflhMsgycflrgkC

Postby Egi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:57 am

today we had a very creative talk with our <a href="http://xdrtjyx.com">grhpiac</a> designer regarding signs! We are thinking to put our signs on the window shutters of the stores, so everytime we open them, the signs wil go up and every time we shut them they will go down! Like a moving puzzle! Isn't it brilliant? I wish I have money to do that in our new store!
Egi

wvQKZeNwihTyHvd

Postby Josip » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:05 am

Yvonne really made us proud! her ssiuwmit performance is full of energy, and evening gown (my gown!!!) ....i almost wanted to cry when she walked on the stage. she had a great attitude and elegance at the same time. really marvelous job, Yvonne! All the fittings, trainings til late late, mental presentation preparation, etc. etc. are really worth it.and thanks to those who supported her. the really amazing thing was that she was 3rd in the official site voting, even though she wasn't on the list (coz she arrived late and the org didn't add her in the list) til the last minute. it's been a wonderful journey....hey, Mr. Fun, I forgot to thank you for making all these possible! if it were for you and your great 'idea', we wouldn't have this ever-unforgettable experience! xoxo
Josip

PiIWntayOezuzU

Postby Lola » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:12 am

Aretlcis like this are an example of quick, helpful answers.
Lola